Friday, May 6, 2011

By Dyra Agus Prasetyo


An interview with Miss Texas USA 2011 by our contributor Dyra Agus Prasetyo ... enjoy!




1. Can you tell us a lil bit about yourself?
I'm a 25 year old preschool teacher in Austin, Texas. In 2009, I graduated with a degree in Communications- Public Relations, was named Communications Student of the Year, and was also a member of my Universities Volleyball team. I was born and raised in Laredo, Texas and it's almost rare you see me not smiling. I can't tell you how much I enjoy eating sushi, but really can't stand the sight of tomatoes. I love listening and singing along to music, as well as, hearing people laugh. I consider myself to be someone who is extremely spontaneous, and I am often told I'm very expressive.

2. In one word, how do you describe Texas so that we can look the Lone Star state as special state in the USA?
DIVERSE

3. You have competed for 5 times (really?) to obtain the crown of Miss Texas USA, what makes you interested in joining the pageant over and over again until you win it?
I love what the pageant experience has to offer. Initially, I competed because my older sister did. As the little sister, I always wanted to do everything she did and being so competitive I thought "well, if she can do it, I can do it too." As I began learning about the organization I drew closer to it, as well as, the things that it represented. As Miss Texas USA and Miss USA one of your main purposes is to serve as an advocate for the awareness of breast and ovarian cancer. When I was 18, I lost my Mom to Ovarian Cancer. As you can guess, I fought through those 5 years because I knew I could carry on my Mom's story and strength, as well as, help others in need. I rarely ever give up- through hard times and what people see as "-failure-" I see as a learning and growing experience. Everything we do in life is a process- I knew those 5 years was a building stage for me to become the best possible representative for Texas I could be at Miss USA.



4. Whether you agree, by following the Pageant, one can introduce the culture and tourism of the country that the participants represent?
Absolutely I agree it can. Women of all walks of life compete in the state pageant, the national pageant, and of course the ultimate - MISS UNIVERSE. I think this is a fabulous way to show case what the countries have to offer. What better way to bring light to your country, as well as, the beautiful and intelligent woman that come within them.

5. In your eyes, how a Miss USA should be?
A Miss USA should be someone who is committed and determined to building a successful future for herself, as well as, improving those of others around her. A great Miss USA is a woman who is mentally tough, has a positive attitude, and is sincere in her actions. She should be a woman of class and have an extreme awareness and consideration for those around her.

6. When competing in the Miss USA Pageant later, which is more important, presenting yourself, or presenting your state?
I'd have to say representing yourself, because if you can represent yourself in positive manner, that same positivity reflects on the state. I believe you have to love the state in which your representing, but by staying true to who you are and what you believe in will always mean well for the states name, so long as you keep a positive attitude.

7. What is the craziest thing that ever happened in your life?
The craziest thing I have ever done was ride a sky coaster that was located at the top of the "Royal Gorge." This particular sky coaster sweeps you across a 1,200ft drop at about 50mph.



8. In some countries, a woman isn't allowed wearing swimsuit in a public. Do you think the swimsuit round is derogatory to women?
Absolutely not. I think women should be comfortable in their skin. Swimsuit is a means for showing the world (audience) that I am a disciplined young woman who cares about my health and fitness. I am a big promoter an advocate for a healthy lifestyle. Plus, a healthy woman is a happy woman; why not show it off.

9. If you are given a dollar , what would you do with it?
The first thing that came to mind- exchange it for quarters and buy candy from a "bubble gum" machine.

10. The last one, as the world seems to be smaller, do you think of yourself first as the citizen of Texas, USA, or the world?
I think of myself as citizen of the world! Although being a Texan and American is something I'm extremely proud of, I view them as the puzzle pieces to completing the big picture; the big "picture" being the world.




A message from Ana
Thanks Indonesian Pageants for your interest in doing an interview with me. I appreciate the support and all the love of those in Indonesia. Big TEXAS hugs, Ana Christina Rodriguez- Miss Texas USA 2011


Indonesian Pageants would like to say a very special thanks to Ana and her state director who gives us a chance for the interview. We really appreciate it and wish the best for Ana at Miss USA 2011!


0 Komentar di Blogger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer